This information concerns all existing Tekla Structures 14 users from earlier RCand beta releases.
Improved versions of both Tekla Structures License Administration Tool and Tekla Structures License Borrow Tool are released with Tekla Structures 14.0 RC2.
Tekla StructuresLicense Borrow Tool is installed with Tekla Structures 14.0 RC2 and Tekla Structures License Administration Tool is installed with Tekla Structures License Server installation v1.10.
We recommend youto update your existing Tekla Structures License Server installation with the version 1.10 at the same time with Tekla Structures 14.0 RC2.
If you have activated licenses on the server, you can keepthem activated during the server version update. You do not need to deactive your licenses.
The Tekla Structures License Server 1.10 installation unistalls the older Tekla Structures LicenseServer version before installing the new version.
You might want to save a copy of EntitlementCertificate.html and copies of the tekla.lic and tekla.opt files if you have modified them. The newinstallation will overwrite them.
If the latest version of license server installed on your computer is 1.03 or 1.02 you can install 1.10 straight on them. If your latest server installation is 1.01 youneed to uninstall it first from Control Panel.
Changes in the license borrow functionality since Tekla Structures 14.0 RC (Tekla Structures 14.0 RC2 installation):
- Files and applications forborrowing are installed by default into C:\TeklaStructures\14.0\nt\license
- Timeouts in Tekla Structures License Borrow Tool are now fixed
- Content of license directory is now more compact
- Licenseborrowing with Product IDs and encrypted Activation IDs is enabled
- New shortcuts to Tekla Structures License Borrow Tool and the borrowing instructions can be found in Start > All Programs > Tekla...