1. Tony’s Baby-Sitting Service charges $8.50 per job plus $6.75 per hour. What is the cost of a 7- hour baby-sitting job?
2. Renting a rug shampooer cost $5.25 per hour plus $4.25for the shampoo. Fing the cost of shampooing a rug if the time required is 3.5 hours.
3. The Jalopy Car Rental charges $32 per day plus $0.23 per mile. Fing the cost of renting a car for a3-day trip of 320 miles.
4. A phone company charges 40¢ per long distance call plus 20¢ per minute. Fing the cost of an 18-minute long distance phone call.
5. The distance from Earth to themoon is about 240,000 mi. Tha is about 0.005 the distance from Earth to Mars. Find the approximate distance from Earth to Mars.
6. Jamie gave Laura $3 more than Laura already had. Now Laura has$19. How much did Jamie give her?
7. The height of the Statue of Liberty Is 93m. This is about 0.27 the height of the Hancock Building in Chicago. What is the approximate height of the HancockBuilding?
8. The area of the Red Sea is about 18% of the area of the Mediterranean Sea. The area of the Red Sea is about 453,000km. Find the approximate area of the Mediterranean Sea.
9. Themelting point of aluminum is 1220 degres Fahrenheit. Tnis is 1.96 times the melting point of lead. What is the melting point of lead?
10. The area of the Pacific Ocean is about 238,000,000km².This represents 46% of Earth’s area. What is approximate area of Earth?
11. The Olympic time for men’s 500-m speed skating has been decreasing by about 0.1 seconds per year since 1934, when therecord was 44.0 seconds. Predict what the time will be in 2010.
12. The Olympic for women’s 500-m speed skating has been decreasing by about 0.2 seconds per year since 1920, when the record was54 seconds. Predict what the time will be in 2010.
13. The Olympic time for men’s 400-m hurdles has been decreasing by about 0.09 seconds per year since 1930.When the record was 52 seconds....