THE LE CORDON BLEU RECIPE
TARTE AUX POMMES CLASSIQUE Classic apple tart
Serves 6; 1 tart pan 21 cm Ø PÂTE BRISÉE SUCRÉE (SWEET SHORT PASTRY) COMPOTE 3 apples 50 g butter 50 g sugar 1 lemon 50 mlwater GARNISH 3 apples butter sugar apricot glaze
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Dust the work surface with flour, roll out the pastry to a round about 3 mm. Roll the pastry up onto the rolling pin orfold it in half and then unroll loossely over the tart pan. 2. Press the pastry into the pan with your fingers. With a thumb and index finger, mold a 1 cm horizontal lip around the inside of the rim,then roll the rolling pin over the rim to cut off the excess pastry.
6. Stir the apples frequently with a wooden spoon until soft and golden brown, about 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from the heat andcool slightly.
7. Spoon the apple compote into the blind baked tart shell.
3. Pinch the lip of pastry into a decorative shape with pastry pinchers or your fingers. Prick the bottom of thepastry shell all over with a fork and refrigerate for 10 minutes. Blind bake the tart shell, remove from the oven and cool. 4. Prepare the apple compote: Peel and core the apples. Cut the apples into a"paysanne"(cut into small squares).
8. Peel and core the remaining apples. Cut each in half. Lay each half flat on a work surface and cut crosswise into 3 mm thick slices. Starting at the outside edgeand working inward towards the cener, arrange the apple. 9. With the back of a spoon spread softened butter mixed with sugar, over the apple slices.
5. Melt the butter without colouring in aheavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped apples, sugar, lemon juice and water.
10. Wrap aluminium foil over the cooked lip of the tart shell to protect from burning during cooking. Bakein the oven for about 25 minutes or until the apples are tender and golden brown. Remove and allow to cool on a cake rack.
To present: Heat the apricot glaze in a small saucepan. gently brush...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.