1. What does the Word Renaissance mean? (explain the definition and why was this term used)
Renaissance means rebirth and it was used at the end of the Dark Ages when people try tohave again the Greek and the Roman Empire they used to have.
2. What are the main causes of the Renaissance? (social and economic)
People were anxious of having a good empire again and the economicstructure was really bad, so they want it to beneficiated it, there was a merchant class so that means that there was ore education (more money)
3. Where did the Renaissance originate?
It originateson Italy, in the principal cities of Milan, Venice & Florence.
4. Why did it “begin” there?
Because during the Middle Ages Italy was the principal center of trade of Europe and because the ruinsthat were there reminds the Romans about their glorious past.
5. What are patrons of the arts? Give some examples of patrons of the arts.
The patrosn of the art were people that spend money onculture paintings etc on the other hand it means just that is interesting on art.
6. What is Humanism?
Renaissance humanism was an activity of cultural and educational reform engaged by scholars,writers, and civic leaders who are today known as Renaissance humanists, during the fourteenth and the beginning of the fifteenth centuries. An intellectual movement that focuses in human potential
7.Which were the main characteristics of the Italian Renaissance Art
• there were great innovators in all these fields, whose work marked a beginning of a new era in the history of art
• was one of themost productive periods in the history of art, with large numbers of outstanding masters to be found in many centers and in all the major fields painting, sculpture, and architecture
• art andscience were closely connected
• These innovators included Masaccio in painting, Brunelleschi in architecture, and Donatello in sculpture
• Their new ideals and methods were systematized in the...