The true story of the recording of my way in paris.

Solo disponible en BuenasTareas
  • Páginas : 3 (728 palabras )
  • Descarga(s) : 0
  • Publicado : 25 de mayo de 2011
Leer documento completo
Vista previa del texto
The first attempt took place between the end of March '78 & the beginning of April (exact date unknown), at Studio des Dames (1, rue de Stockholm, 75008 Paris.)

Session men unconfirmed, butrumoured to be André Ceccarelli (drums) & Janik Top (bass). According to Celmal Engel (Claude Engel's brother - see below), the session took place at Studio des Dames. However, no recording took placebecause Sid refused to work with the session men.

The second attempt was on 7th April '78 and took place at Studio Aquarium (rue Lecourbe, Paris.)

Claude Engel was the guitar player, however he canno longer recall the names of the other session men. The session began at 9pm. After waiting several hours, Sid never arrived. Everybody subsequently departed in the middle of the night.

The thirdattempt was on 10th April '78 at Studio de la Grande Armée (Porte Maillot 75016 Paris.)

Steve Jones was present but, like Sid, was allegedly too drunk to play. The session took place in theafternoon following a long period when everybody was "doing nothing". Steve tried out several guitars. Sid was yelling & complaining about "all those fucking froggies". Finally, Claude Engel proposed amusical arrangement, but Sid and Steve were not interested in the session, so the French guitar player chose to record the track without them.

Claude played the climax to the song so violently that hebroke a string during the take. Nevertheless, such was his desire to leave the studio as quickly as possible, he chose to continue to finish recording the track with only five strings. Claude Engel -guitar, Sauveur Mallia - bass, and Pierre-André Dahan - drums, laid down the backing track in two hours. Sid didn't want to cooperate with him, so Claude Engel made the decision to play the song in thekey of A, although Claude didn't know if the A key fitted with Sid's voice.

Sid took a further two hours to record his lead vocal. During the vocal recording, Sid sat down in the cabinet because...
tracking img