1. An object was weighed on three different balances. Each balance was properly zeroed before being used. The measured masses were: 8.234g, 8.298g, and 8.243g. Determine the avg value ofthese measurements, and report the result to the nearest .001g.
2. A student measured the mass of an object as 4.756g while the true mass of the object is 4.719g.
a. Calculate the absoluteerror and report the result to the nearest .001g.
b. Calculate the percent error of the measurement made by the student, and report the result to the nearest .1%.
3. Calculate the densityof a solid if it has a mass of 32.34g and a volume of 1.68cm (cubed). Report the result to the nearest .01g/cm (cubed).
1. A chemical reaction is an interaction between substances,called _____________, which lead to new substances, called ____________.
2. A chemical reaction where there is a gain of heat by the environment is referred to as an ______________.
3. Name twodetectable changes that often accompanies a chemical reaction.
1. A mixture with a total mass of 21.3 g contains mass 26% silicon dioxide, mass 43% sodium chloride, and the rest is sodiumbicarbonate.
a. What is the mass of the silicon dioxide in the mixture? Report the answer to the nearest .1g.
b. What is the mass of the sodium chloride in the mixture? Report the answerto the nearest .1g.
c. What is the mass percent of sodium bicarbonate in the mixture? Report the answer to the nearest 1%.
d. What is the mass of sodium bicarbonate in the mixture?Report the answer to the nearest .1g.
2. Name one method for physically separating a mixture.
1. The atomic number of an element is the number of ___________ in the nucleus of an atomof that element.
2. Aluminum metal Al(s) will slowly oxidize in air to produce aluminum oxide Al2O3 by the unbalanced reaction: Al(s) + O2 Al2O3(s)
a. When the reaction is balanced in...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.