1)He(live) in London for two years and then (go) to Edinburgh.
2) You (wear) your hair long when you were at school? Yes ,my mother insist on it.
3)But when I (leave) school I (cut) my hair and (wear) itshort ever since.
4)My brother (write) several plays. He just (finished) his second tragedy.
5) I (not see) him for three years. I wonder where he is.
6)Chopin (compose) some of his music in Majorca.7) When he (arrive)? He (arrive) at 2.00.
8)I (read) his books when I was at school.I (enjoy) them very much)
9) I never (drink) whisky.
10) You (be) here before?
Yes,I (spend) my holidays herelast year.
You (have) a good time?
No, it never (stop) raining.
11)He (live) in London for two years and then (go) to Edinburgh.
12) We (miss) the bus. Now we´ll have to walk.
13)Mr Count (work)as a cashier for twenty-five years. Then he (retire) and (go) to live in the country.
2)Put the verbs in brackets into the present continuous tense.
b) Her mobile-phone (ring)foran hour.
c) How long you (wait) for me. I (wait) about half an hour.
d) Mary (shout)?No, she (not shout)
3)The present perfect or the present perfect continuous tense (In some cases either coludbe used).
1)Mr Smith, you (Whisper) to the student on your right for the last five minutes. You (help) him with his exam paper or he (help) you?
2)He (hope) for a rise in salary for six months but he(not dare) to ask for it yet.
3)We (walk) ten kilometers.
4) He (teach) in this school for five years.
5) I (look) for mushrooms but I (not find) any.
4)For and Since.
1) Nobody has come tosee us________we bought these bloodhounds.
2) I´ve been working here______________ a month.
3) He has been very ill________________ the last week.
4) She has been waiting_____________...