Mrs. Torres Davila
British Literature 12
31 March 2010
Unit 13 and 14 Quiz
1. I put my wet shoes outside in the sun and they were _____ within an hour.2. I felt quite honored when Mr. Baldwin chose to _____ us with his presence.
3. His kind deeds engendered good feelings in those whom he helped_____ good feelings in those whom he helped.4. He gave a _____ answer, which the teacher did not believe it was true.
5. Today the cows carry out a similar function in a rather more _____ manner.
6. My dad created a great _____ à l'orangefor dinner.
7. We should have a _____ heart so that we can admit our wrongs.
8. The entrance to the hotel has a glass _____ allowing light into the lobby area.
9. These _____ terms canbe illustrated most simply by diagrams.
10. It looks quite _____ out here in the middle of nowhere.
11. The _____ of the rehabilitation program helped people quit drinking.
12. She dressedso beautifully at the party that she was the _____ for the entire evening.
13. My uncle is a _____ man who always finds the smallest faults to criticize my father.
14. The financial aspectradically altered the inner _____ of the company.
15. Suddenly, ghostly, _____ voices fill the house.
16. The magician was able to _____ the entire audience from on stage.
17. The _____ filmI watched last night at 12 pm frightened me to walk near graveyards.
18. The _____ felt by the man who accidently shot the teenager was noticeable to his whole community.
19. Her cheating onthe exam was a serious _____ to her standard of ethics.
20. Ennio is not _____ of the fact that he will never look like Denzel Washington.
1. As he prayed you could see that he had anintense experience of God because of his _____ expression on his face.
2. The _____ he used on her paid off when she agreed to see a movie with him.
3. I saw it emerge from the depths of the...