Grado de Maestro en Educación Primaria
Curso académico 2011/2012
Lengua extranjera: Inglés
Patricia García Tarín
Nerea Castillo Castillo
Mª Carmen López Almela
Alicia Margalejo Blasco
1. JUSTIFICATION 3
2. CONTEXT 3
3. GENERAL LEGISLATION 3
4. MATERIAL RESOURCES 4
5. ACTIVITIES 5
6. INDIVIDUAL NEEDS 117. TIMING 11
8. CROSS CURRICULAR TOPICS 11
9. EVALUATION 12
The teaching unit is for students from 1st grade (6 years) as one of the members of our group study Early Childhood Education and although this age group does not leave much of their professional field (0-6 years). It is the first contact of these students with a foreign language and therefore theteaching unit focuses on basic knowledge of the language.
We believe that the seasons of the year is an appropriate subject for this age group because it offers many possibilities. It is very broad, so we can choose among many options. For example, crafts, songs or puzzles.
It is a state school with two lines and approximately 500 students. The school is situated in Chiva.This town has a high level of immigration.
This immigration comes from different continents: Eastern Europe (Romania, Ukraine, …), North Africa (Morocco, …), Asia (China, …) and other European countries (France, Italy, …).
The highest percentage of immigrants belonging to families from South American countries, mainly Ecuador, which, although they speak Spanish, have trouble to understand ourgrammar.
In the field of coordination with families and the acquisition and development of study habits we have difficulties due to parents spend many hours working outside home.
In general, parents cannot help their children because they spend a long time outside home.
The percentage of students with psychological difficulties is minimal.
3. GENERAL LEGISLATION
- Seasons: summer, winter, fall, spring.
- Clothing: coat, gloves, scarf, swimwear, sandals, clothing…
- Weather: cold, heat, rain, wind, clouds, snow, sun, fog, hail…
- Colors: blue, green, yellow, red, brown…
- Reproduction of the pronunciation of words and phrases introduced.
- Understanding the words/phrases learned.- Participation in group activities.
- Identify the concepts learned.
- Memorize vocabulary words.
- Curiosity and interest in the new language.
- Respect for classmates interventions.
- Gladly participate in group activities.
- Show motivation and interest in activities.
- Learning the seasons of the year.
- Saying five meteorologicalphenomenons.
- Knowing the typical colors of each season.
- Knowing two typical clothes of each season.
The objectives of this unit are related to the following objective of the L.O.E.:
“Acquire, in at least one foreign language, skills to express and understand simple messages and function in everyday situations”.
Besides, in the article 23:
“To understand and expressthemselves in one or more foreign languages properly”.
4. MATERIAL RESOURCES
Teaching Material Material Resources
Printed material White card, clippings from magazines, brown trunk card, tissue paper
Three-dimensional material Crayons, glue, notebook, tree leaves, scissors, different types of clothes
Audiovisual material Video, blackboard
Implementation material Computer
5. ACTIVITIESACTIVITY 1
DRAW THE AUTUMN
Students must do a free drawing about the autumn. After that, we will see what everyone thinks it is. We will compare and analyze the pattern of each one.
After that, we will discuss the ideas set out all about what the autumn is.
At the end, we will post all the pictures on the walls of the classroom.
The first part of this activity is...