Simple Present / Present Continuous
1. Every Monday, Sally (drive) drives her kids to football practice.
2. Usually, I (work) work as a secretary at ABT, but this summer I(study) am studying French at a language school in Paris. That is why I am in Paris.
3. Shhhhh! Be quiet! John (sleep) is sleeping.
4. Don't forget to take your umbrella. It (rain) is raining.5. I hate living in Seattle because it (rain, always) always rains.
6. I'm sorry I can't hear what you (say) are saying because everybody (talk) is talking so loudly.
7. Justin (write, currently)is currently writing a book about his adventures in Tibet. I hope he can find a good publisher when he is finished.
8. Jim: Do you want to come over for dinner tonight?
Denise: Oh, I'm sorry, Ican't. I (go) am going to a movie tonight with some friends.
9. The business cards (be, normally) are normally printed by a company in New York. Their prices (be) are inexpensive, yet the quality oftheir work is quite good.
10. This delicious chocolate (be) is made by a small chocolatier in Zurich, Switzerland.
A Trekking Journal
November 12, 1997
Today (be) is the second day of my trekaround Mount Annapurna. I am exhausted and my legs (shake) are shaking ; I just hope I am able to complete the trek. My feet (kill, really) are really killing me and my toes (bleed) are bleeding, but I(want, still) still want to continue.
Nepal is a fascinating country, but I have a great deal to learn. Everything (be) is so different, and I (try) am trying to adapt to the new way of life here.I (learn) am learning a little bit of the language to make communication easier; unfortunately, I (learn, not) do not learn foreign languages quickly. Although I (understand, not) do notunderstand much yet, I believe that I (improve, gradually) am gradually improving.
I (travel, currently) am currently traveling with Liam, a student from Leeds University in England. He (be) is a nice guy,...