1. Shoot: Rodar, Filmar.
A cameraman shoots films.
2. Apply for: Solicitar
Ariana applied for a job yesterday morning.
3. To turn something down: Rechazar.
I hate toturn work down, but I don’t have experience with old people.
4. Fit: Arreglar.
The glazier fits windows.
5. Courageous: Valiente
Firefighters have to be courageous because they often findthemselves in dangerous situations.
6. Confident: Seguro.
Ethan is a confident person.
7. Parachute jumping: Paracaidismo.
I’d like to parachute jumping.
8. Stamp collecting:Filatelia.
I think stamp collecting is boring.
9. Mend: Reparar algo.
My cousin is mending his old t-shirt.
10. Deadline: Límite, plazo de entrega.
I harly ever meet my deadlines.
A house is something which a firefighter uses to put out fires.
12. Tool: Herramienta.
My father has got a lot of tools.
13. Freelance: Independiente.
She is afreelance photographer.
14. To track down: Localizar
That policeman tracked down the criminals.
15. Shift: Turno.
Policemen can work night shifts.
16. Hit the street: Salió a la calle.They hit the streets.
17. Remain alert: Permanecer alerta.
That policeman remains alert all the night.
18. Kennel: Perrera.
This dog is living in an ugly kennel.
19. Sniff out:Oler.
He always sniffs out all the food that he buys.
20. Commitment: Compromiso.
My boss has a lot of commitments today morning.
21. Look forward to: Esperar con interés.
I’m lookingforward to travel abroud.
22. Look through: Leer( rápido)
Fernanda is trying to look through that book.
23. Nevertheless: Sin embargo.
She studies medicine nevertheless she’d like to studydance.
24. Swerve: Desviar.
Tatiana swerved over to the other side of the road and into the path of an oncoming bus.
25. Screeching: Chirrido.
There was a screeching noise.