Word of the Day:
ASCERTAIN: 1. To discover with certainty, as through examination or experimentation. Establish after a calculation, investigation, experiment,survey, or study; "find the product of two numbers"; "The physicist who found the elusive particle won the Nobel Prize"
2. Archaic To make certain, definite, and precise.
establish after acalculation, investigation, experiment, survey, or study; "find the product of two numbers"; "The physicist who found the elusive particle won the Nobel Prize"
Syn: determine, find out, find
Ant: assume,presume; conjecture, guess, surmise
EXALT: 1. To raise in rank, character, or status; elevate: exalted the shepherd to the rank of grand vizier.
2. To glorify, praise, or honor.
3. To increase theeffect or intensity of; heighten: works of art that exalt the imagination.
4. Obsolete To fill with sublime emotion; elate.
Syn: extol, glorify, laud, proclaim
KARMA: 1. Hinduism& Buddhism The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence, regarded as determining the person's destiny.
2. Fate; destiny.
3. Informal Adistinctive aura, atmosphere, or feeling: There's bad karma around the house today.
Syn: atmosphere, aura, fate, feeling, kismet, power, vibrations.
Ant: conshents, choice, free will, volitionELOQUENT: 1. Characterized by persuasive, powerful discourse: an eloquent speaker; an eloquent sermon.
2. Vividly or movingly expressive: a look eloquent with compassion.
Syn: silver-tongued,smooth-spoken, fluent, facile, silver
Ant: halting, stumbling, faltering, hesitant, speechless, inarticulate, tongue-tied, wordless
COALESCE: 1. To grow together; fuse.
2. To come together so as to formone whole; unite: The rebel units coalesced into one army to fight the invaders. See Synonyms at mix.
Syn: conflate, fuse, immix, mix, commingle, merge, meld, flux, blend, combine