REVOLUTIONARY WAR INTERNET SCAVENGER HUNT
PRELUDE TO REVOLUTION - THE CAUSES AND EVENTS
1. What was signed in 1763? By whom was it signed?
The Proclamation of 1763, signed by King George IIIof England
2. What did it say? (Try to use your own words to explain)
It prohibited English settlements on the West of the Appalachian Mountains and required those already settled to return to theeast part; this was made to avoid tensions with the Indians.
3. When was the Sugar Act passed? (Be sure to use the link highlighted in this question to find the answer, as it provides the answer tonumbers 4-7 as well)
In 1764 the Sugar Act was passed by the English parliament to offset the war debt brought on by the French & Indian war and to help pay further expenses of running the coloniesand newly acquired territories.
4. What was passed in 1765? Name 8 items which were taxed.
The Stamp Act. Newspapers, Bills, Legal documents, licenses, almanacs, playing cards, dice, andpamphlets.
5. What happened on December 16, 1773?
Boston Tea Party
6. What event happened on March 5, 1770?
The Boston Massacre
7. Describe in your own words what happened on this day.
A mobattacked rebellious soldiers; the soldiers defended themselves attacking the crowd. There were three instantaneous deaths, two mortally wounded, and six injured. The captain of the soldiers was arrestedalong with his men.
8. Who actually hung the two lanterns in the Old North Church on April 18, 1775?
9. What were the Intolerable Acts?
It was a series of laws sponsored by BritishPrime Minister Lord North and enacted in 1774 in respond to the Boston Tea Party.
10. Name the 4 laws which were passed in this Act.
Impartial Administration of Justice Act, Massachusetts BayRegulating Act, Boston Port Act, Quartering Act.
IMPORTANT PEOPLE OF THE REVOLUTION
11. On what date did Paul Revere make his historic ride?
April 18th 1775
12. Who went with Paul Revere on this...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.