|[pic] | |
| |SOCIETY, ECONOMICS AND POLITICS:AN INTRODUCTORY VISION |
ACTIVITY 1 – WORKING WITH THE SOCIAL SCIENCES METHODOLOGY
Activity value: 5pts
With thisactivity you will be able to practice the Social Sciences methodology, by using one specific problem related to the area.
1. Work in your partial teams. You will use your laptops.
2.Each team will research one of the following topics (according to your teacher’s indications):
a) Levels of poverty in Mexico
b) Homosexual marriage laws in the USA
c) Political effects ofdrug dealing in Mexico
d) European economic crisis
e) Role of woman in Muslim countries
f) Corruption among politicians in Mexico
h) Role of the elder in modern societies
Example) China’seconomic boom
3. Following step by step the scientific method, you will analyze the corresponding topic, and create a small scheme in a PowerPoint Presentation.
a. You already havethe specific topic, so start by defining the subject area.
b. Make a brief research on the Internet to fulfill the data accumulation and data classification. (Five Internet sources should beenough).
c. With the material you gathered, you can establish:
- The problem statement in your topic.
- Create a hypothesis for that particular problem andtry to put it to the test.
- See what type of results you got, and write a Conclusion.
4. Don’t forget to add a Cover Page and a Bibliography in MLA Format.
5. Upload yourwork to the space created in Blackboard.
|Concept |Points Possible |
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.