1. share → sharing
2. tidy → tidying
3. shut → shutting
4. dial → dialling
5. lie → lying
Complete the table in past progressive.
positive | negative | question |
They werechatting. | They were not chatting. | Were they chatting |
The couple was kissing. | The couple was not kissing. | Was the couple kissing? |
They were complaining. | They were not complaining. | Werethey complaining |
It was getting dark | It was not getting dark. | Was it getting dark? |
Bob was studying. | Bob was not studying. | Was Bob studying? |
Was or Were?
1. Thepirates were fighting for the treasure.
2. We were discussing the problem.
3. The candle was burning.
4. The cat was chasing the mice.
5. The mice were running away from the cat.
Write sentences in pastprogressive.
1. the snowman / melt / in the sun → The snowman was melting in the sun.
2. we / explore / a new territory → We were exploring a new territory.
3. the secretary / print out /a document → The secretary was printing out a document.
4. the girls / not / concentrate / on the task → The girls were not concentrating on the task
5. Garth / not / practise / on the piano→ Garth was not practising on the piano
Write questions in past progressive.
1. Jill / dance → Was Jill dancing
2. your cousins / swim / in the lake → Were your cousins swimming in the lake?3. the student / answer / a question → Was the student answering a question?
4. William / play / the guitar → Was William playing the guitar?
5. Janet / sit / on the bench → Was Janetsitting on the bench?
Ask for the information in the bold part of the sentence.
1. At a quarter past six, Phil was translating the document. When was Phil translating the document?
2. Sheila waswaiting in the park. Where was Sheila waiting?
3. The pupils were talking about the United States. What were the pupils talking about?
4. The boss was dictating a letter. Who was dictating...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.