BUSINESS RESEARCH METHODS
AGENDA Error! Bookmark not defined.
CEMENTOS DE MEXICO, S. A. B. de C.V. 4
MARKETING PERFORMANCE 10
SWOT ANALYSIS 14
STRATEGIC PROFILE 20
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE 21
RESULTS AND FEEDBACK 23
During the last couples years the global economy suffered from whatwe optimistically wanted to call as an economic downturn. Many companies had to restructure their objectives, work plans, even the main core of them in order to endure and survive this market movement decrease.
An strategy plan is needed therefore CEMEX increased the value of its products and services by implementing a strategy focused in increasing the financial founding catalog, also by beinginvolved in a greater scope of the vertical supply chain. By acquiring distribution and supplier companies so the monitoring of the cost of production remains as low as possible to keep a competitive price in their products.
In this Research paper you will see the What, When, Where, Why, and for Whom of CEMEX and discover the need of a different strategy plan. Will discover also what does CEMEXdid to remain competitive in its target market.
CEMENTOS DE MEXICO, S. A. B. de C.V.
CEMEX is a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Our operations network produces, distributes, and markets cement, ready-mix concrete, aggregates, and relatedbuilding materials in more than 50 countries, and we maintain trade relationships with more than 100 nations.
Our company was founded in Mexico in 1906, and we have grown from a local player to one of the top global companies in our industry, with close to 47,000 employees worldwide.
CEMEX has a rich history of improving the well-being of those it serves through its efforts to pursue innovativeindustry solutions and efficiency advancements and to promote a sustainable future.
About 1.6 billion metric tons of cement is sold each year. Because of its many favorable qualities, builders worldwide use our cement for almost every kind of construction project.
Cement's many qualities —strength, durability, and flexibility, among others— make it the world's most popular building material. · | Cement is hydraulic because, when mixed with water, it chemically reacts until it hardens. Cement is capable of hardening in dry and humid conditions, and even under water. |
· | Cement is remarkably shapeable: when it comes into contact with water and aggregates, such as sand and gravel, cement is capable of taking on any three-dimensional shape. |
· | Cement —and the concretemade from it— is as durable as rock. Despite climate conditions, cement holds the shape and volume, and its durability increases with the passage of time. |
· | Cement is such an effective adhesive that, once it sets, it is virtually impossible to break its bond to materials such as brick, steel, gravel, and rock. |
· | Buildings made with cement products are more waterproof when theproportion of cement is greater than that of aggregate materials. |
· | Cement can provide excellent noise insulation when the thickness of floors, walls, and concrete roofs is properly calculated. |
Aggregates. We are one of the world's largest suppliers of aggregates: primarily the crushed stone, sand, and gravel used in virtually all forms of construction. Our aggregates areobtained from sand-and-gravel pits, hard-rock quarries, or by dredging marine deposits
A variety of applications
Because of their many different qualities, our customers can use our aggregates in a wide variety of ways:
* As a stable foundation or base material underneath roads, walkways, parking lots, airport runways, and railways
* For drainage, water filtration, purification, and erosion...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.