Name: Novak Djokovic
Apodos: Nole, Nokia, Nox
Date of birth: 22nd May 1987
Birthplace: Belgrado, Serbia
Residence: Monte Carlo, Mónaco
Height: 187 cm
Weight: 80 kg
Hair color: Negro
Color of eyes: Marrón Claro - Verde
Family: Padre Srdjan, madre Dijana, hermanos Marko and Djordje
* Is a Serbian tennis player who became the world number 2, butnumber 1 in many personal and social aspects.
He is known for being the funniest and entertaining players on the circuit.
* Novak embarked on his stellar career at age 14, in 2001, a year he finished as European champion (singles, doubles, team). He won gold in San Remo with his national team, while he was second in the World Championships. The next season continued to impress with big gamesand became the best under-16 players of the old continent, having won the prestigious' The Ball 'and' The Poet tournaments in France, won by the great tennis stars like Hewitt, Grosjean, and Roddick. He was also the winner of the prestigious Prince Cup in Miami and the ITF tournament in Pancevo, where he beat rivals up to three years older than him. After five ITF tournaments played, became the40th best junior tennis player in the world.
* In the 2003 season continued to impress with great results and titles. He began with his appearance in the final of the ITF tournament in Nuremberg, a party that failed to finish due to injury. He then went on to win another gold medal for his country. In the French city of Latne competed alongside his teammates under the leadership of selectorJovan Lilic, and became Europe's best under-16 player. He won all six games played.
* In 2006, he won his first ATP tournament in Amersfoort, immediately after he took another title in Metz. This meant that he became the youngest player in the Top 20. Djokovic played his first Grand Slam quarter-final of the year at Roland Garros. He finished a brilliant season ranked 16 in the world.
*In the first week of 2007, Novak overcame the start of the summer season in Adelaide Australia. This was to be only the beginning of the season incredible success that followed. His first stop was in the semifinals in Rotterdam, after his career took off and he began his rise to the top. After losing in the final at Indian Wells, Djokovic won his first title at the Masters Series' fifth GrandSlam "in Miami. Few weeks later the Serbian tennis player won the tournament in Estoril. Played in the semifinals of Roland Garros and Wimbledon since mid-August of Montreal won the tournament beating the top three players on his way to the title: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Andy Roddick. at the U.S. Open made her first Grand Slam final appearance, which lost to Roger Federer. Later thatseason, Novak said Serbia's historic place in the World Group of the Davis Cup, after which he won his fifth title of 2007 in Vienna. A mid-November in this incredible season was crowned with his first appearance in the Masters Cup in Shanghai, although it failed to reach the semifinals. Yet Djokovic finished the year as world number three.
* In 2008 Novak had his first Grand Slam tournament -Australia Open. Thereafter, won three major titles: Indian Wells (Masters), Rome (Masters) and Shanghai (Masters Cup).
* Novak opened 2009 in Brisbane, where he was defeated in the first round by Ernest Gulbis. No one would have thought that this will be the most successful season in his career so far. Novak participated in ten finals and lifted the winner's trophy in five cities: Dubai,Beijing, Basel, Paris. However, the most precious title Novak is definitely winning in his hometown of Belgrade, which hosted the first ATP tournament in Serbia in May. Djokovic was a finalist in Cincinnati, Rome, Monte Carlo, Miami (all ATP World Tour Masters 1000 tournaments) and Halle. He finished the year as the world No. 3 Novak opened 2009 in Brisbane, where he was defeated in the first round...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.