1. This is the planet saturn, is the sixth planet orbiting the sun and the second largest in the solar system. The planet Saturn issorrounded by an exquisit system of rings composed of billions of tiny icy moons of snow, one meter across, each circling Saturn in its own orbit.
2. Between thisrings we can find a biggest gap called the Cassini division. Within the rings the individual moons becomes visible.
3. But Saturn is sorrounded too by six naturalsatellites discovered by Christian Huygens en the 17th century. Christian Huygens is the same man that once said: the world is my country and science my religion.4. One of these moons is called Titan or Saturn VI wich is considered the largest one of these moons system. Titan is considered too as a planet-like moon with denseatmosphere. Titan has a diameter 50% larger than the earth's moon and it's 80% more masive...Titan it's the second largest moon after jupiter's moon Ganymede.5. In 2004, the Cassini-Huygens space craft arrived after a journey of 7.5 years into the realms of Saturn and it's moons in a mission of understanding the cloudymoon Titan.
6. After a short recognition of it's surface, the space craft deployed the entry probe pod called Huygens into it's atmosphere.
7. This missionfound that the air in Titan is largely composed by nitrogen and minor components leads to the formation of methane and ethane clouds maybe rich in organic molecules. Asa mater of fact, the methane is playing the roll of water in this Saturn's moon and that’s why Titan it's viewed as the early earth in the very begining of life.
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.