Walter Elias Disney was born in December 5, 1901 and died in December 15, 1966.Was an American film producer, director, screenwriter, voice actor, animator. Along with his brother Roy O.Disney, he was co-founder of Walt Disney Productions, which later became one of the best-known motion picture producers in the world.
Characters by Disney
* Alice Comedies, provedreasonably successful. Its focus was more on the animated characters and in particular a cat named Julius who resembled Felix the Cat, rather than the live-action Alice.
* The newseries, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, was an almost instant success, and the character, Oswald became a popular figure.
* Disney chose to create a new character. Some sources indicate that themouse would initially called "Mortimer", but later was dubbed "Mickey Mouse" by his wife, Lillian Disney.
* Following in the footsteps of Mickey Mouse series, a series of musicalshorts titled, Silly Symphonies were released in 1929.
On a business trip to Chicago in the late-1940s, Disney drew sketches of his ideas for an amusement park where heenvisioned his employees spending time with their children. The idea for a children's theme park came after a visit to Children's Fairyland in Oakland, California. He received four honoraryAcademy Awards and won 22 Academy Awards from a total of 59 nominations, including a record four in one year, giving him more awards and nominations than any other individual in history.Other Honors
* The Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, California, opened in 2003, was named in his honor.
* Disney has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, one formotionpictures and the other for his television work.
* In 1935, Walt received a special medal from the League of Nations for creation of Mickey Mouse, held to be Mickey Mouse award.
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.