1. When started the Byzantine art?
4th century A.D
2. What was the interest artists had in their paintings?
Lots of images or icons are broken.
These are manifested in theportable wood icons and in the mosaics.
3. Mention five symbolisms you can find on Byzantine (Christian) paintings
Marble color, colors light, are cleared, painting adopts fixed rules ofrepresentation
4. What is the name given to the churches developed in this period?
openings are found in Byzantine churches and walls. Byzantine churches, with their numerous windows, are full of a lightwhich underlines the spiritual symbolism present in all Byzantine art.
5. What mean “basilica”?
It uses the basilica distribution plan inherited from the Romans, the circular plan of the martyria,and the greek cross
6. Why were mosaics used for decoration?
These are manifested in the portable wood icons and in the mosaics.
The portable icons use the encaustic technique and they representthe lives of Jesus and Mary
7. What is a “pier”
This is used for cross a river.
8. What is the method of construction they used in churches?
Used different paintings and diferents sculptures,for take a form of the chuch, and the (alto) of the church is (puntiaguda y tienen una campana)
9. What are catacombs and for what were they created?
Its to bury someone
10. Mention three of themost important Byzantine buildings?
The bizantin court, basilica, Nea Moni
1. What means Gothic?
Is the return used to identifiy in middle of 12 century and 15 century
2.What is a buttress? A buttress is an architectural structure built against (a counterfort) or projecting from a wall which serves to support or reinforce the wall. Buttresses are fairly common on moreancient buildings, especially in Germany, as a means of providing support to act against the lateral (sideways) forces arising out of the roof structures that lack adequate bracing.
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.