Adverbs of Frequency
We use adverbs of frequency to say how often we do things. Adverbs of frequency go before all verbs EXCEPT the verb to be.
De menos a mas: Never –hardly ever – rarely (seldom) – sometimes – usually (often)- always
Note 1: Remember that with never and hardly ever we use POSITIVE sentences.
Example: - We don’t neversmoke. (INCORRECT) - We never smoke.
Note 2: With don’t and doesn’t we use the adverb of frequency after these and before the verb.
Example: - We don’t usually travel.Note 3: Sometimes can go at the beginning of the sentence. (Sometimes puede ir al comienzo de una oración)
The adverbs of frequency answer the typical question starting with“How often”.
1) How often do you brush your teeth?
I always brush my teeth
2) How often does your mother cook?
She seldom/rarely cooks.
3) How often isClaudio late for class?
He is never late for class
** How often = Con que frecuencia. Para decir la horas exacta uno tambien puede preguntar (What time?) Para responderla hora exacta utilizamos la preposicion “at” antes de la hora.
Ejemplo: What time do you wake up? I wake up at 7:00 am.
Before we practice we need tolearn some common verbs that we do everyday.
wake up, have dinner, make breakfast, phone call, listen to music, go to work, go to the bathroom, take a shower, go to bed,watch TV, come home.
Complete the sentences with an adverb of frequency
1) They _________ drive. They don´t have a car.
2) I _______ eat turkey. (Only atChristmas)
3) She doesn’t have a watch so she’s _________ late.
4) We __________ get up at 8:00, except Saturdays and Sundays.
5) I ________ play tennis (when I have time)
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.