School shootings: A trend that is spreading in Europe and EEUU
These are the major massacres in schools in Europe in recent years:
March, 1998 - At Westside Middle School in Jonesboro, Arkansas,two boys aged 13 and 11 years on the fire alarm and killed four students and a teacher as they left the premises.
* April 1999 - Two student gunmen killed 12 students and a teacher at ColumbineHigh School in Littleton, Colorado, before killing himself.
* January 2002 - A student who had been dismissed from the Appalachian School of Law in Grundy, Virginia, killed the dean, a professor and astudent, and wounded three others.
* March 2005 - A high school student of 16 years shot and killed five students, a teacher and a security guard at Red Lake High School in northern Minnesotabefore killing himself. He also killed his grandfather and it's partner in a Chippewa Indian reservation.
* September 27, 2006 - A man took six students hostage in Bailey, Colorado, molested them andthen shot and killed one. The attacker killed himself when police surrounded him.
* September 29, 2006 - A 15 year old student killed the school principal in western Wisconsin after telling anotherstudent "you better run."
* October 2, 2006 - Charles Carl Roberts, the driver of a milk truck, entered the West Nickel Elementary School and shot 10 girls between 6 and 14 years before committingsuicide. Five victims were killed.
* April 16, 2007 - The slaughter that killed more people dead in U.S.
history. The student Seung-Hui Cho opened fire on 32 people and then committed suicide.Similarities and differences:
This series of events show a number of common features in actors, in the modus operandi and the consequences of the facts, at least from the description ofjournalism. In fact, all players are male, relatively young, causing many victims and many of them take place in school settings. In addition almost all cases, the author commits suicide or attempts to do so....
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.