1ST. TERM STUDY GUIDE ACTIVITY
I. ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
1. An economic situation characterized by a business slump and unemployment
2. Political philosophy based on the enlighten ideas, promoting freedom and liberties
3. Money to invest in factories or machines
4. A business organization that is ownedby stockholders who buy shares, and is run by professional managers
5. People interested in finding new business opportunities
6. Means that all adult men could vote
Universal male Suffrage
7. A business owned by two or more entrepreneurs who share management, profits and losses
8. A production method in which each worker does one specializedtask
9. A production method using identical, easy-to-assemble parts
10. A method of production in which tasks were dome by individuals in their rural homes
11. An economic system in which individuals continually reinvest profits and expand their businesses, based on industrial production
12. An organization of workersformed to pressure business owners to improve wages and working conditions
13. Process in which coke, derived from coal, was used to burn away impurities in crude iron producing better quality of iron
14. Negotiations between union representatives and employers
15. In the theories of Marx and Engels, a society without class distinction or privateproperty
16. The middle class during feudalism, became the dominant class in modern times
17. Is known as the industrial working class
18. Political philosophy based on tradition and social stability
19. According to this principle the great European powers had the right to send armiesinto countries where there were revolutions in order to restore legitimate monarchs
Principle of intervention
20. A political theory that society as a whole should control the means of production. Usually in the form of the government , society owns and controls the means of production
21. An economic philosophy that social and political actions should beuseful and helpful to humanity
22. An economic principle that government should not regulate business or economy
23. Movement for women’s right advocating for equality
24. Why is nationalism so important?
Cause is part of your identity of your culture of traditions
25. What where the roles of Camillo di Cavour and Otto Von Bismark inthe unification of their countries?
Otto has very important roll cause he make all military tactics for the unification of german
26. What caused the American Civil War?
Some of the causes of the American civil war was the absolutism the people in that times wont to put and end to the slavery
27. Similarities and differences in Bismark´s and Cavour´s methods forachieving unification in Germany and Italy
The two where base on militarism
28. Which of the following did NOT contribute to Italian unification?
A) The growth of the kingdom of Piedmont B) the military successes of Garibaldi
C) The Franco-Prussian War D) the decline of the Ottoman Empire
29. Germany achieved unification _____A_____
A) After it wonthe Franco-Prussian War.
B) When Count Otto von Bismarck became prime minister.
C) When the southern German states agreed to enter the North German Confederation.
D) When Prussia took leadership of the Frankfurt Assembly
30. The Compromise of 1867 _____A_____
A) Created the dual monarchy of Austria-Hungary.
B) Kept the best Russian lands in the hands of large landholders.
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.