FACTS OF LIFE
Allen began his career as a comedian at age 16, always associated with other comedians. In 1957 he was awarded first prize Sylvana Award. At 17 he made the decision to adopt the pseudonym of Woody Allen. Begin to work individually, coming to practice the task of director of its shows in the Borscht Belt hotel chain in New York, where they had worked other majorcomedians like Jerry Lewis.
In 1952, when he was finishing high school, began to make jokes to send to some newspaper columnists of his city.
The first use was Nick Kenny, a columnist for the Mirror. Shortly thereafter, Earl Wilson, the most widely read New York Post, also would use some jokes Allen. Originally published anonymously, but later published under the pseudonym of Woody Allen.
Hisfirst contract was achieved in 1955 on The Colgate Happy Hour, with an allocation of $ 175 per week.
He performed in numerous venues, appearing occasionally on television, until finally, thanks to his talent and wit, after a local action in the Blue Angel (1960), offered the possibility of developing a script and participate as an actor in the film What's New, Pussy Cat?. In that year he met twopeople who may have been influenced him most: his agents Jack Rollins and Charles Joffe.
His first performance at the Blue Angel was thanks to a recommendation by Rollins. They saw in Allen a great comedian, but first had to do to overcome his shyness.
In 1968 he shot his first film (first film written and directed entirely by him and which acts as a thief), Take the money and run.
In 1977,after filming The Sleeper (1973) and Love and Death (1975), Allen made the film which would get his first Academy Award for Annie Hall.
In 2002 she received the Prince of Asturias Award for the Arts. Since then it has a statue in his honor in the center of Oviedo.
In the summer of 2007 made the film Vicky Cristina Barcelona in Barcelona, Oviedo, Avilés and La Felguera where interpretersparticipated as Scarlett Johansson, Penelope Cruz (she won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress) and Javier Bardem.
Woody Allen will be consecrated as "Mr. World Peace" in 2010 due to his contribution to theater, comedy and films.
* 2000: Company Man (Maestro de espías / Lío en La Habana), de Douglas McGrath
* 2000: Cachitos picantes (Picking up the pieces),de Alfonso Arau
* 1998: Antz, como la voz de la hormiga Z. (Hormiguitaz / Hormigaz), Eric Darnell y Tim Johnson
* 1998: Los impostores (The Impostors), (cameo), de Stanley Tucci.
* 1991: Scenes from a mall, Escenas en una galería/ Escenas en un centro comercial de Paul Mazursky
* 1987: El Rey Lear (King Lear), de Jean-Luc Godard
* 1976: The front (El testaferro /La tapadera), de MartinRitt
* 1972: Sueños de seductor (Play It Again, Sam), de Herbert Ross
* 1967: Casino Royale, de John Huston
* 1965: What's New Pussycat?, ¿Qué hay de nuevo, Pussycat? / ¿Qué tal, Pussycat?, de Clive Donner
As a writer
* 1972: Sueños de seductor (Play It Again, Sam)
* 1965: What's New Pussycat?, ¿Qué hay de nuevo, Pussycat? / ¿Qué tal, Pussycat?
* 1995: TheSunshine Boys ( la pareja despareja)
* 1994: No te bebas el agua
* 1971: Hombres en Crisis (Men Of Crisis: The Harvey Wellinger Story) Hombres en Crisis: La historia de Harvey Wellinger
Over the course of his career, Allen has received a considerable number of awards and distinctions in film festivals and yearly national film awards ceremonies, saluting his work as adirector, screenwriter, and actor. These are some:
•Allen's film Annie Hall won four Academy Awards in 1977, including Best Picture.
•Allen won the 1978 O. Henry Award for his short story The Kugelmass Episode, published in The New Yorker on May 2, 1977.
•Allen twice won the César Award for Best Foreign Film, the first in 1980 for Manhattan and the second in 1986 for The Purple Rose of Cairo....
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.