• 3 1/2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
• 1/3 cup unsalted butter, cut intopieces
• 1/2 cup cream cheese at room temperature
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 2 large eggs
•3/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp fine salt
• 6 chocolate sandwichcookies, chopped into chunks
• 4 oz cream cheese at room temperature
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
• 1 1/2cups icing sugar, sifted
• 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
• 6 chocolate sandwich cookies, chopped into chunks
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (180 degrees C.) and butter and flour a 9-inch (2.5 L) round cake pan, knocking out excess flour.
2. In a small, heavy-bottomed saucepot, melt chocolateand butter over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat. Allow to cool while starting next step.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until soft. Add sugar and creamuntil smooth. Beat in vanilla and eggs, adding one at a time until evenly blended. Stir in chocolate mixture. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking powder, and salt and add to chocolate mixture,beating just until batter is combined. Stir in chopped cookie chunks.
4. Spread batter evenly in pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean. Allow browniesto cool.
1. To prepare icing, beat cream cheese with butter. Beat in icing sugar until smooth, stir in vanilla and half of the cookies chunks. Alternatively, make the icing...