LEVEL 5 .
Major:_______________________ Semester : __________ Teacher: José Moisés Gutiérrez
(total 100 points)
READTHE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY GOOD LUCK!
I.-CIRCLE THE CORRECT OPTION (10 points)
1. If people were a little more tolerant ...
A).-our world would have been a better place.
B).-our world would be a better place.
C).-our world will be a better place.
2. If my father had locked his car properly ...
A).-his car would never have been stolen.
B),.his car will not be stolen.
C).-his carwould not be stolen.
3. If the ozone layer peels off a little more we ...
A),.we ran a much higher risk of attracting skin cancer.
B).-would run a much higher risk of attracting skin cancer.
C).-will run a much higher risk of attracting skin cancer.
4. I would never feel comfortable on a plane if ...
A).-I know it's the pilot's maiden trip.
B).-I knew it's the pilot's maiden trip.
C).-Iwould know that it's the pilot's maiden trip.
5. A dog will never bite you if ...
A),.you will look it straight in the eyes, I'm told.
B).-you look it straight in the eyes, I'm told.
C).-you looked it straight in the eyes, I'm told.
6. The first thing I will do is drive to Spain if ...
A).-I would get my driving licence.
B).-I got my driving licence.
C).-I get my driving licence.7. If John hadn't responded in such an aggressive manner he ...
A).-would never have a black eye.
B).-won't have a black eye.
C).-would never have had a black eye.
8.-I haven't bought any beatles cd's...
A).- although I like them a lot.
B).-despite I like them a lot.
c).-in spite of I like them a lot.
9.-She didn't pass biology....
A).-although her hard work.
B).-despite her hardwork.
C).-though her hard work.
10.-we couldn't get the tickets ....
A).- eventhough we had money.
B).- in spite of we had money
C).- despite we had money
II.-Put in the relative who, which or where necessary. Type an x if the relative pronoun can be left out. (10 points)
1) This is the boy _________had an accident.
2) Yesterday I saw a car________ was really old.
3) Mandy is thegirl_________ I met on Friday.
4) Peter is the boy _________ rides the blue bike.
5) The robber stole the car_________ the lady parked in front of the supermarket.
6) This is the man_________ bought the big house.
7) Can I talk to the girl_________ is sitting on the bench?
8) The book you_________ gave me is great.
9) She likes hamburgers_________ are hot.
10) Bill Clinton,_________ wasPresident of the USA, has only one daughter.
III.-Put in the adjective in bold from the first sentence into the second sentence in its correct form (comparative or superlative). (10 points)
Example: I have a fast car, but my friend has a ______ car.
Answer: I have a fast car, but my friend has a faster car.
1) This is a nice cat. It's much than my friend's cat.
2) Here is Emily. She'ssix years old. Her brother is nine, so he is .
3) This is a difficult exercise. But the exercise with an asterisk (*) is the exercise on the worksheet.
4) He has an interesting hobby, but my sister has the hobby in the world.
5) In the last holidays I read a good book, but father gave me an even one last weekend.
6) School is boring, but homework is than school.
7) Skateboarding is adangerous hobby. Bungee jumping is than skateboarding.
8) This magazine is cheap, but that one is .
9) We live in a small house, but my grandparents' house is even than ours.
10) Yesterday John told me a funny joke. This joke was the joke I've ever heard.
IV.-SOME ANY NO (10 points)
Complete the sentences using some any no or -(in case is blank)
1. It reassured me to meet_________ one...