ENGLISH PROFICIENCY PROGRAM
FOURTH MONTH EVALUATION
UNITS 10 - 12
Full Name: _Edwin Marcelo Moreano Melendez__ Support Center:
Instructions: This evaluation must be submitted on the fourth month after you have finished studying units 10, 11and 12.
LISTENING SECTION 10 points
Play your Class CD 3 and listen to track71
A. Listen to two people discussing what life will be life in 2050 and complete the sentences.
1. Information technology ____could____ become the most important thing.
2. People _________may_________ work from home more.
3. There _________will probably__________ be more unemployment.
4. Doctors ________might_________ find a cure for cancer.
5. There _________must______________ belife out there somewhere.
B. Listen again and complete the notes on the positive and negative aspects they mention.
_________ may work from home more_____________
6. AIDS, cancer and other chronic diseases:
_________doctors might find a cure for ____________
7. Life on other planets:
__________they might discover____________________Negative aspects
________ there will probably be more______________
________will control our lives for us_______________
C. Here is a section from a problem page letter. Fill in the gaps with these expressions: in fact, to be honest, actually, really, stuff. 5 points
D. Fill in the gaps with asuitable word from the box. 5 points
16. In the summer time, mosquitos can get really ________appalling_____________.
17. The living conditions in refugee camps are usually absolutely ____disgusting______.
18. I was _________appalled_____________ by the way the treated his dogs, he allowed them to eat at the table with everyone else!
19. She was very _____DISGUSTED_____ because they kepther waiting for 30 minutes.
20. That fish smells _____DISGUSTING__________, I can’t eat it!
Fill in the gaps with the –ing form or infinitive form of the verb in brackets 10 points
E. Complete the sentences with a relative pronoun: who, which, that, where5 points
31. The police spoke to several people _________who_________ could be suspects.
32. New York is the city ___________where___________ 1.2 million Hispanics live.
33. I prefer clothes _________which_____________ are comfortable to wear.
34. The squatters ___________who___________ lived in that old house have been evicted.
35. She works in that shop ___________where___________ sellsreally cheap sportswear.
F. Circle the best option to complete the sentences. 5points
36. They could / must have left the office because there are no lights on in the building.
37. We can’t / might go to the party because we’re already doing something else that night.
38. Julie must / might study French but she’s still a bit undecided.
39. Arsenal mustn’t / can’thave won the match! They played so badly.
40. He could / must be joking but you never know with his sense of humor.
G. Complete the sentences with the definite article or nothing. 5 points
41. _____________________ Nile will become so polluted that no fish will survive in it.
42. _________the__________ English will continue to be the most important international language.
43._________the__________ hottest countries in the world will become deserts.
44. _____________________ unemployment in western countries will continue to increase.
45. _________the__________ internet will be so popular that nobody uses the phone system.
H. Read the text.
Circle the correct answer.
46. Which statement is true according to the article?