Slovenia

Solo disponible en BuenasTareas
  • Páginas : 52 (12815 palabras )
  • Descarga(s) : 4
  • Publicado : 11 de junio de 2010
Leer documento completo
Vista previa del texto
* Slovenia is a trading country, hiding in a mountainous corner between Austria, Italy, Hungary and the Adriatic Sea. Everything appears in Slovenia in abundance. The majestic Alpine valleys, rivers and lakes, abundant forests, mysterious karst caves, the warm Adriatic Sea.
* Slovenia extends beyond the foothills of the eastern side of the Alps, on the northernmost tip of the Mediterranean,was opened in southern Hungary.
*
It is the natural center of most of the European route and the merger of the Alps to the Mediterranean, each leaving its own mark. Slovenia is largely a mountainous country, with almost half of its territory is covered by forest. Their fields, vineyards and orchards exceed 43 percent of its total territory.
*
More than half the population lives inlarge cities, some of them from the Roman era. The top of almost all of its mountains exceed 2,500 meters, although in the south of the country is passing small plateaus. The contrast of the Slovenian landscape greatly surprised at first sight.
*
The Julian Alps are the first barrier of mountains that separates the Mediterranean continental Central Europe. As a result, there were always rainor snow in this region. Slovenia is one of the most forested villages of Europe.
* Slovenian society is very peaceful and quiet. Almost 90 percent of Slovenians are natives of the country, while the remaining 10 percent are Italians and Hungarians. The Slovenians speak English, German or Italian as a second language. Its population is around 2 billion people.
*
Its capital is Ljubljana,which offers a very interesting medieval tourist attraction. This city has served as a natural entrance to Central Europe and the Mediterranean. The city is dominated by an ancient castle and decorated with baroque palaces and Art Deco buildings. The city has a wonderful cultural life, especially in the performing arts. It is a lively city, full of life.
*
The bridges over the riverLjubljanica and green landscapes, its more than 41,000 university students and their fairs outdoor products make it one of the most vibrant European capitals on the continent. Above the Alps you can see a mighty mountain that reigns over the country. With its 2864 meters high, is the powerful Regal Mount Triglav. In Slovenia there is a tradition which states that every self-respecting Slovenian mustclimb at least once in their life to this mountain. Its name literally means "three heads."
*
Possibly one of the most unknown in Europe. To find your flight to Slovenia you can do on line Adria Airways, which directly links Ljubljana Barcelona. I recommend that reservéis in advance, it usually does not go very cheap so to speak. Other cheap flights to Slovenia can be a stopover in Venice, fromMadrid or Barcelona itself. From Venice you can get to Ljubljana in another plane or train.

Population: 1,964,723 persons
Land area: 20,250 km2
Capital: Ljubljana
Currency: Tolar
Language: Slovenian

 
Tree in the snow, Karavanke
(Photo: Patrick Kollar)
 

    Special Reports  The gypsies and the world

Environment
Bordered on the west by Italy, on the north byAustria, on the northeast by Hungary, on the southeast and south with Croatia. Slovenian territory is characterized by mountains and forests, fertile valleys and deep. Since the Julian Alps (highest altitude: monteTriglav, 2864 meters) northwest of the country, ríoSava flows southeast through the region of coal mines. On the northern border is the deKaravanke mountain. The region covered by the riversMura, Drava, Savinja ySava, is known for its wine production. To the west and southwest of Ljubljana, along the river rapids Soca (Isonzo, on the Italian side), the country's climate is less continental and more Mediterranean. The capital has an average annual temperature of 9 degrees Celsius. The main Slovenian mineral resources are coal, mercury and uranium, which favored the high degree of...
tracking img