* I felt as a bird must feel when it has flown across the ocean and comes upon a creature that knows its nest.
* We lead our lives like water flowing down a hill, going more or less in onedirection until we splash into something that forces us to find a new course.
* Being sent out into the world isn't necessarily the same as leaving your home behind you.
* Dreams can be suchdangerous things; they smolder on like a fire does, and sometimes consume us completely.
* Occasionally in life we come upon things we can't understand because we have never seen anything similar.
*If you have experienced an evening more exciting than any in life, you're sad to see it end, and yet you still feel grateful that it happened.
* I felt as a simple smelt must feel when a silversalmon glides by.
* I felt as the waves of the ocean must feel when clouds have blocked the warmth of the sun.
* Everything around me seemed to grow so quiet, as if he were the wind that blewand I were just a cloud carries upon it.
* He was like a song I'd heard once in fragments but had been singing in my mind ever since.
* (Of Hatsumomo) She was like a fabric taken from its warmcloset and hung out of doors where the harsh weather will gradually consume it.
* A tree may look as beautiful as ever, but when you notice insects infesting it, and the tips of the branches thatare brown from disease even the trunk seems to lose some of its magnificence.
* If you'd asked me why I wanted these things, I would have answered, why does a ripe persimmon taste delicious? Whydoes wood smell smoky when it burns?
* I don't think any of us can speak frankly about pain until we are no longer enduring it.
* A winter scene, though it may be covered over one day, with eventrees dressed in shawls of snow, will be unrecognizable the following spring.
* Now I understood the thing I´d overlooked;the point wasn´t to become a geisha but to be one. To become a geisha ....
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.