Avatar WORKSHEET B
Here are some simple definitions for words that appear in the text on Worksheet
A. Find the words they refer to and fillin the gaps.
1. To exploit (verb) a natural resource (e.g. oil, trees, water) is to use it in such
a way that you gain as much as possible.
2. _conflit (noun): a fight, battle or struggle(usually between people or
groups, but possibly also inside a person’s mind)
3. To _ release (verb) a film, CD, etc, is to make it available for people to watch
4. _Modif y (verb): tochange something slightly, especially in order to improve it
or to make it less extreme
5. _triump h (noun): a great victory or success
6. _clea n (noun): a large group of families that arerelated to each other
7. _ understantemen t (noun): a statement that makes something seem less
good, bad, important, impressive, etc, than it really is
8. _loyalt y (noun): support that you give tosomebody or something because of
your feelings of duty or love towards them
9. _operatio n (noun): an action or set of actions that is necessary in order to
10. _alie n(adjective): of or from somewhere in the universe other than Earth
11. An _ inhabitan t (noun) of somewhere is a person or animal that lives there.
12. _critic (noun): someone whose job is to write orbroadcast their opinion of
things such as books, films or plays.
13. _ abtain (verb): to get something you want or need (especially if it is necessary
to go through a difficult process)
14._box office (noun): the place where you buy tickets at a theatre or cinema
15. _ cutting-edg e (adjective) extremely modern and advanced
Complete the crossword below. If all thewords are correct, the name of the
Australian actor who plays the soldier Jake Sully in Avatar will read from top to bottom.
| | |1 |e |x |i |s |t |e |d | | | | | | | |2 |c |o |m |m |a |n |d |e |r...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.