Unit 23. Adjectives ending in ‘-ing’ or ‘-ed’
(прилагательные с окончаниями -ing или -ed)
• Many adjectives ending in ‘-ing’ describe the effect that something has on someone's feelings.
• Some adjectives ending in ‘-ing’ describe a process or state that continues over a period of time.
• Many adjectivesending in ‘-ed’ describe people's feelings.
1. You use many ‘-ing’ adjectives to describe the effect that something has on your feelings, or on the feelings of people in general. For example, if you talk about ‘a surprising number’, you mean that the number surprises you.
|boring ||charming |
He lives in a charming house just outside the town.
She always has a warm welcoming smile.
Most ‘-ing’ adjectives have a related transitive verb. See Unit 72 for information on transitive verbs.
2. You use some ‘-ing’ adjectives to describe something that continues over a period of time.
Britain is an ageing society....
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.