The PET Mistery
* Area of Interaction: ATL
How can I difference between a human and an animal hair and also between a natural or synthetic fiber?* Inquiry:
* A hair can be identified as a slender thread-like outgrowth form a follicle in the skin of mammals. Composed mainly of keratin and it has threemorphological regions: the cuticle, medulla and cortex.
* A hair grows from the papilla and with the exception of that point is made up of dead cells.
* Parts of the hair:* Cuticule: transicunt outer layer of the hair shaft.
* Coronal: found in hairs of very fine diameter.
* Spinous: triangular in shape.
*Identify a fiber hair.
* Learn differences between human and animal hair.
* Learn differences between natural and synthetic fibers.
* Make a good research.
If I research about the characteristics of human and animal hairs as the ones of the synthetic and natural fibers, then I will be able to difference them.
* Forensic evidence
Look for a sweater belonging to one ofyour classmates and look for some forensic evidence. Then try to discover with the help of a microscope what kind of forensic evidence you’ve got.
We found acat hair in Ana’s sweater. We knew it was of a cat, because it was a “spinous” hair; characteristic of animals like cats, minks and seals.
We concludedthat the hair founded belonged to a cat because the other options of animals that could be on contact with the person were totally unreal such as the seal and the mink
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.