SAP PI Alerts Contents
ALERT DEFINITION 3
ALERT CATEGORY 3
PROCEDURE TO CREATE ALERT CLASSIFICATION 5
PROCEDURE TO CREATE ALERT CATEGORY 5
INTERNAL USAGE OF THE CONTAINER 6
DEFINE ALERT RULE 8
This document shows you how to configure the alerts for SAP PI.
An alert is a notification informing itsrecipients that a critical or very important situation has arisen. The situation is as severe that an action must be taken immediately in order to resolve the situation. Alerts can be used to prevent delays in the processing of critical situations, because the time between discovering and responding to such situations is reduced considerably. The system recognizes the situation and sends the alert.Alert Category
An alert category contains various properties and other specifications that define the alerts within that category. The category defines the conditions when a specific alert is sent to whom.
Alert categories can be defined by applications or customers using the alert category definition environment, which is accessed in transaction ALRTCATDEF. You can define an alertcategory to suit your business requirements. When the critical situation defined in the alert category arises, the system recognizes this and sends an alert instance of this category to the recipients determined.
An alert category is defined by the following
1. Description (language-dependent).
2. Technical key (language-independent) for identification purposes.
5. Maximum number of deliveries. (This applies to delivery to a destination other than the alert inbox.)
6. Expiry time (in minutes) after which the alert is deleted.
7. Escalation recipient to whom the alert is sent if it is not confirmed by any of its recipients.
8. Tolerance time before escalation.
9. Short text, long text, and title .The title is used as mail title, faxsubject, and alert title in the inbox. The long text is used as mail/fax body and the long text view in the inbox. The short text is used for pager and SMS.
10. Container for variable definition if variables are to be used in the texts or for other application-specific attributes.
11. Subsequent activities in the form of URLs.
On the Properties tab page:
• In the Description field,enter a description for the alert category. Choose a description that is informative with respect to the content of the alert category. The description is language-dependent.
• If required, you can select a classification in the Classification field. If you do not choose a specific classification, the category is stored in the classification folder Unclassified.
• In the Max. No. of Delsfield, specify a maximum number of times that an alert of this category is to be delivered if it is not confirmed. This refers to delivery using a communication channel other than to the recipient’s display program (UWL, application-specific program)
• Select Dynamic Text if the texts of the alert category cannot be defined at this stage. This refers to situations in which the texts are not knownuntil runtime.
• No translation can be performed for alerts with dynamic text. System messages can be entered manually in several languages.
• In the Expiry Time in Minutes (it’s very important if you want control the time of the Alerts) field, you can enter a life span for alerts of this category if the alerts will no longer be relevant after a specific period of time. If the expiry timeelapses, the alert is removed from the alert inbox and is no longer delivered using any other channel.
Procedure to Create Alert Classification
1. Open the alert category/classification definition environment (transaction ALRTCATDEF).
2. Ensure you are in change mode.
3. In the group box with the alert classifications, right-click All classifications to open the context menu,...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.