DATE:_______________________________ GRADE:________ SCORE: _ /30 __
COMPARATIVE AND SUPERLATIVE ADJECTIVES
I. INSTRUCTION: IN EACH SENTENCE BELOW, CHOOSE AND WRITE THE CORRECT COMPARATIVE OR SUPERLATIVE ADJECTIVE FROM THE BOX (1 pt. each =5 points)
taller than most beautiful younger than
most intelligent fatter than
1. Carlos is the boy_______________________________ of the class.
2. Madeline is the ________________________________ beautiful children of town.
3. Jerry is _______________________________ Paul.
4. My sister is_________________________________ me.
5. The black dog is __________________________________ the white dog.
II. INSTRUCTION: CIRCLE THE PHRASES OR WORDS THAT FUNCTION AS APPOSITIVES IN THE SENTENCES BELOW (1 pt. each = 5 points)
1. Mexico City, the biggest city in the world, has many interesting archeological sites.
2. The altitude ofLhasa, the capital of Tibet, is over 12,000 feet.
3. The insect, a cockroach, is crawling across the kitchen table.
4. John Reed, an American journalist, helped found the Communist Labor Party in America.
5. My sister, who is a supervisor at Munchies, drives a company car.
TRANSITIVE AND INTRANSITIVE VERBS
III. INSTRUCTION: IN THE SENTENCES BELOW, CIRCLE THE VERB ANDWRITE TRANSITIVE OR INTRANSITIVE IN THE BLANKS BELOW
(1 pt. each = 5 points)
1. The child broke the plate
2. The train from Montreal arrived four hours late..
3. Hermione is editing her uncle's memoirs of his lifetime with very interest.
4. I paid the bill last week.
5. Helen ran every weekend when she was at college.
IV. INSTRUCTION: INSTRUCTION: MATCHTHE WORDS WITH THEIR CORRESPONDING MEANING ON THE RIGHT, REMEMBER CYBERCRIME VOCABULARY
1 pt. each = 5 points)
1. Imaginary place where computer information exists. VACCINES
2. Computer program that can copy itself and infect a computer. BLOCKER
3. 4. They can cure your computer.CYBERSPACE
4. 6. Download or copied onto another program. VIRUSES
5. 9. They prevent unwanted materials on the Internet. DUMPED
READING AND COMPREHENSION
V. INSTRUCTION: READ THE ARTICLE AND ANSWER THE QUESTIONS (1 POINTS EACH , TOTALPOINTS: 5)
A snow leopard roars in the high mountains of Asia. A black rhinoceros gallops across the plains of Africa. A grizzly bear hunts for fish in a North American river. A mother blue whale and her calf glide through the deep waters of the ocean.
All of these animals share the Earth with us. They fascinate us with their beauty, their grace, and their speed. We loveobserving their behavior, and learning more about their habits. But just loving them is not enough. All of these animals are endangered. Many of them have died, and without special care, they may someday disappear from the Earth.
Why is it important to care for animals like these? One reason is to protect the balance of life on Earth. Another reason is the beauty of the animals themselves.Each species of animal is special. Once it is gone, it is gone forever.
Africa was once filled with an abundance of wild animals. But that is changing fast. One of these animals, the black rhinoceros, lives on the plains of Africa. It has very poor eyesight and a very bad temper! Even though the black rhino is powerful, and can be dangerous, its strength can’t always help it to escape...