REMEDIAL ENGLISH V
ORAL 2nd PARTIAL EXAM
AUGUST – DECEMBER 2010
MS. DOLORES CAMACHO
These are the topics for your oral exam. Workwill be done in teams.
Students’ teams in Group 13 will work on topics in blue
Students’ teams in Group 14 will work on topics in green
1. Procrastination and consequences
2.Insomnia and consequences
3. Six Shortcomings, good or bad?
4. Stress and how to deal with it
5. Anger and how to handle it
6. Three most Important things in life (give reasons)7. Superstitions, origin and beliefs in Mexico
8. Suspicious claims, give real examples
9. Phobias and how to overcome them
10. Dreams and interpretation
11. Tsunami of 2004 andprevention strategies
12. Earthquake of 1985 and prevention strategies
Requirements for your oral exam:
1) Power point presentation – talk to the audience, don’t read the information.Timing is not more than ten minutes per team.
2) Written report - a) front page cover with the topic and the participants’ names, b) summary of your research (introduction, two body paragraphs,conclusion), c) questions to reflect on ethical issues, d) references, at least two sources from “Biblioteca Digital”.
Questions to reflect on ethical issues
Your written report must include thesequestions with your answers, right after your conclusion. Include these questions in your oral presentation too.
1. How does your topic impact society?
This topic make people to question abouttheir dreams, and if we talk about dreams, it’s a long topic and there is no end, you can interpret the dreams in much ways, that’s how is interesting topic.
3. What would you do in the future, thatcould impact positively our society, our environment or our world?
A dream machine that could read and explain the meaning of dreams. That could be a very important idea, because all we want to know...