IMS High Level Presentation
Created by: Rogelio Gomez – May 2011 http://ar.linkedin.com/in/rogeliogomez
Definition of IMS…
• IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) is an architecture that enablesoperators to offer a new generation of advanced multimedia services
– Across both circuit and packet switched networking infrastructures
• IMS is a standard that defines an architecture that uses SIPfor call signaling between network elements
– Provides a layered approach with separated services, control, and transport planes
- 3GPP specified IMS as part of Rel 5 withimprovements in Rel 6 - 3GPP specified UMA as part of Rel 6 - 3GPP added support for I-WLAN in Rel 6 - 3GPP is enhancing IMS to support fixed broadband in Rel 7 - 3GPP adding Voice Call Continuity in Rel 7Many IMS based optimizations in Rel 7 IMS Based Multimedia services in Rel 7
Rel 5 Rel 6 Rel 7 Rel 8
IMS – The simple View
AS – Application Server
Application Application Application Server Server Server
MRFC - Multimedia Resource Function Controller MRFP - Multimedia Resource Function Processor MRF – MediaResource Function
I-CSCF BGCF P-CSCF MGCF MRFC
CSCF- Call Session Control Function BGCF - Breakout Gateway Control Function MGCF - Media Gateway Control Function MGW - MediaGateway
HSS - Home Subscription Server
Key IMS Concepts
• Multiple Plane Architecture – Makes use of separate planes: • Application, Transport and Session ControlCentralized Database – Single point for all users data HSS. With the use of Diameter protocol and HSS (Home Subscriber Server) to validate users The Subscribers Services are independent of the AccessMethod – Enables support for PSTN, 3G mobile, WiFi, GPON, etc.
Convergent Applications Convergent Applications
•• •• •• •• Across Networks Across Networks Reduced...
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.