I.- DECIDE WHETHER THE SENTENCES ARE WRITTEN IN ACTIVE OR PASSIVE.
1.- We listen to music. _______________
2.- Emily is reading an e-mail. _______________
3.- These bikes are produced in Taiwan. _______________
4.- Aldo teaches Music. _______________
5.- French is spoken in France. _______________
6.- Many buildings were destroyed by the tsunami._______________
7.- Isaac Newton discovered the law of gravity. _______________
8.- The bus was crashed. _______________
9.- They should open their notebooks. _______________
10.- Hotels have been built. _______________
II.- REWRITE THE GIVEN SENTENCES IN PRESENT OR PAST PASSIVE VOICE.
1. Lisa does the dishes. ____________________________________________________________
2. Diane wonthe prize. ____________________________________________________________
3. They asked for the answers. ____________________________________________________________
4. You take photos. ___________________________________________________________
5. The man stole the jewelry. ____________________________________________________________
6. I write e-mails.____________________________________________________________
7. The police arrested the thieves. ____________________________________________________________
8. Mother waters the trees. ____________________________________________________________
9. John run the 200 meters. ____________________________________________________________
10. The policemen help the grandmother._____________________________________________________
III.- REWRITE THE NEXT SENTENCES TO FORM THE PASSIVE VOICE
1. were * Oliver and George* by a dog * bitten __________________________________________________
2. Mau * The movie * watched * by * is _______________________________________________________
3. Five * by John * was * pizza * eaten_________________________________________________________
4. The girls * Olivia * taught * by * are_________________________________________________________
5. read * are * books * The ____________________________________________________________
6. motorcycle * The black * ridden * is * by Esther _______________________________________________
7. Football * yesterday * played *was_________________________________________________________
8. The * songs * sung * were ____________________________________________________________
9. told * were * by the grandmother * Bed time stories___________________________________________
10. is * Spanish * in class * spoken______________________________________________________
IV.- MATCH THE FIRST HALF OF THE PROVERB TO ITS ENDING.
_____ Don't look a gifthorse 1) gets the bone.
_____ A friend in need 2) less speed.
_____ Don't put off until tomorrow 3) is worth two in the bush.
_____ The early bird 4) has a silver lining.
_____ Where there is a will 5) catches the worm.
_____ The patient dog 6) is a friend indeed.
_____ Every cloud 7) there is always a way.
_____ It is better to have loved and lost 8) what you can do today.
_____ Adisappointment 9) by its cover.
_____ A bird in hand 10) in the mouth.
_____ More haste 11) than never to have loved at all.
_____ Don't judge a book 12) is a blessing.
V.- SECOND CONDITIONAL. CHOOSE THE CORRECT ANSWER
1.- If he were a young man, he ________ able to walk faster.
a) is b) was c) will be d) would be
2.- We'd be on the beach if we ________ in Mexico!
a) are b) were c) will be d)would be
3.- If smoking were allowed, I ________ a cigarette.
a) have b) had c) will have d) would have
4.- If there ________ no mosquitos, there would be no malaria.
a) is b) was c) were d) would be
5.- If her hair were black, Lisa ________ completely different.
a) look b) looks c) will look d) would look
6.- If I ________ a penny for every can of soda I've drunk in my life, I...