1. Write your own definition or look up for one in the dictionary for the following words:
o Unqualified candidate
o To run a meeting
o Background check
o Cold call
o Terms of agreement
o Unsatisfactory reviews
o Fired without notice
2. Write a sentence with each one of the words above.
3. Fill in the exercise with the rightpreposition. Use in, on, at, for, under, over, between.
o The meeting will start _____ 9 on the dot.
o The videoconference has been scheduled to take place _____ April, 29th, ___ 5:30 p.m.
o No one ever saw the assailant walking _____ the facilities.
o _____ Wednesday, the 15th of this month, we will hold a meeting with the shareholders.
o The collection time in most supermarketfacilities starts _____ 9:00, _____ Fridays.
o _____ the last three weeks, the accounting department hasn't been able to collect the pending invoices.
o No one should sit _____ the CEO and the CFO. They should always sit together.
o The supervisor was not expecting you to go _____ his requirements. He just wanted a simple report, not a Power Point presentation.
o I will see you _____ the meetingroom.
o You could not find the report because it was left _____ the binder.
4. Make a concept map including 20 positive and 20 negative feelings a person can experience in a job context.
5. Using the feelings of your concept map, describe a situation in which a group of workers are going to be laid off because the factory is moving to another city. Include in your description thenegotiations between the union and management and how the workers feel towards the factory and their community. Your essay should be 150-200 word long.
o Unqualified candidate: People who are requesting for a job but the are not the person that the company is looking for.
o To run a meeting: When a company is in the meeting right now.
o Agenda: Items of Business to be brought before acouncil.
o Beforehand: In advance of a usual or appointed time.
o Background check: A way to find information about someone that may not be readily available.
o Cold call: process of approaching prospective customers or clients, typically via telephone, who were not expecting such an interaction.
o Brochures: (also referred to as a pamphlet) is a type of leaflet. Brochures are most commonlyfound at places that tourists frequently visit, such as museums, major shops, and tourist information.
o Terms of agreement: Conditions offered for acceptance.
o Unsatisfactory reviews: When the company starts to verify the work that has been done, but the results are not what they expected.
o Fired without notice: When the company gets fired an employee and he doesn’t even knows.
1. Weshouldn’t hire this person, he’s an unqualified candidate.
2. I have to hurry up! My boss told me to run the meeting.
3. Can you give me my agenda? I need to write down the appointment I have tomorrow at 2.30 pm.
4. Oh, thanks for bring me the report beforehand.
5. I need their background checks for tomorrow morning.
6. Oh gosh! I hate cold calls, I’ve just received one.
7. Can you go anddeliver brochures, please?
8. Are you ok with the terms of agreement?
9. I’ve just checked and I got unsatisfactory reviews, I hope this don’t happen the next time.
10. I have been fired without noticed, I don’t think they can do that.
o The meeting will start at 9 on the dot.
o The videoconference has been scheduled to take place on April, 29th, at 5:30 p.m.
o Noone ever saw the assailant walking over the facilities.
o On Wednesday, the 15th of this month, we will hold a meeting with the shareholders.
o The collection time in most supermarket facilities starts at 9:00, on Fridays.
o For the last three weeks, the accounting department hasn't been able to collect the pending invoices.
o No one should sit between the CEO and...