I) Write questions to the following answers.
I am a teacher, how about you?
I usually take a shower in the mornings.
3) What _______________________________________________?
Yesterday? Nothing, I just stayed home.4) What _______________________________ at the time of the robbery?
I was taking a nap at home.
5) How ____________ the weather in Vallarta?
It was so cold. We couldn’t swim.
II)Complete the following exercise by using the correct auxiliary.
Present | Past | Progressive tenses |
Do/ does don’t/ doesn’t | Did | |
Am / is / are am not/ isn’t / aren’t | Was /WereWasn’t / weren’t | Was / wereI was workingYou were working, etc. |
* 1) A:______ you sad? No, I`m not, why?
* B: You look sad. ______ you feel okay?
* A: No, actually I ______.* B: What happens? _____ you want to talk with me?
* B: No, I _____. Thank you anyways.
A: What __________ you doing at 2 ? I called you , I you _______ (no) answer thephone.
B: I ______ taking a shower. What time _____ you call me?
A: I called you at 2.
3) A: ____ you a good student?
B: No, actually, I ___ not. _____ you?
B: I think I _____.But sometimes I ______ do my homework.
III) Complete the following text with a word from the box.
a little some a an boring bored frustrating cigaretteschocolates too such a annoyed annoying |
1) I live in ___________ beautiful city in Jalisco. Its name is Guadalajara.
2) I’m _____________ because this class is________________.
3) My dad always buys a box of _______________ when he goes shopping.
4) I have ______ friends that like jazz music.
5) I want to move to a different place. This city is ______...