here a tutorial how to install your 5XX GTX cards. Right now I'm still missing a list
which ones are supported yet. But i can confirm the following: 560Ti, 560M, 570, 580,
1.Install Lion DP4 or GM
2. After Install: Go to System/Library/Extensions/ and open up (Show Package Content)
3. Go to Contents and open up the file info.plist
4. Go to thefollowing line in the file and add your own device id. You have to google
for that though:
1200 is GTX560Ti
1251 is GTX560M
1081 is GTX570
1080 is GTX580
1088 is GTX590
0x108110de&0xffe0ffff --> this is570GTX and was added, change it to your
5. Mac will ask you to duplicate it. Do that and save the file somewhere else. Replace it
the old one with the new one.
6. In my case (I've gotChamelon installed): enable Graphics Enabler
7. Restart your mac. Done.
In case your card won't recognized, you may try ATY_Init as enabler instead.
Use a kext utility for that. Don't forget torebuild cache and kexts.
Link for ATY_Init: http://rghost.net/10381881
All credits goes to Netkas and The Rominator Thanks for your efforts.
UPDATE: (thx to mayhemm88 and camoguy)
How to enable CUDA?- Install at least CUDA Drivers 4.0.21 from nvidia page.
Enabling Open CI?
- Follow these instructions from netkas:
You will need a HexEditor for that though. http://hexedit.sourceforge.net/
Do not enable GraphicsMode -- this will lead to breaking 3D apps!
If you modifyyour com.boot.plist manually leave the line with GraphicsMode blank.
How to get full graphics power: (Warning: this may result in kernel panic)
- First solution: