This agreement was written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls. Please note that Section 16 contains certain changes to the general terms for users outside the United States.
Date of Last Revision: April 26, 2011.
Statement of Rights and ResponsibilitiesThis Statement of Rights and Responsibilities (Statement) derives from the Facebook Principles, and governs our relationship with users and others who interact with Facebook. By using or accessing Facebook, you agree to this Statement.
2. Sharing Your Content and Information
You own all of the content and information you post on Facebook, and you can control how it is shared through yourprivacy and application settings. In addition:
1. For content thatis covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete yourIP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
2. When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
4. When you publish content or information using the Publicsetting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Facebook, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
5. We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about Facebook, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
We do our best to keep Facebook safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
6. You will not send or otherwise post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on Facebook.
7. You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access Facebook, using automated means (such asharvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
8. You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on Facebook.
9. You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
10. You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
11. You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.12. You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
13. You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
14. You will follow our Promotions Guidelines and...