Coast line Linea costera
Coral reef Arrecifes de coral
Semi arid-areas Areas semi aridas
Rain forest Bosques lluviosos
Complete the sentences using the passive voice in the present tense
1. Thief IS CATCHED by the policeman. (catch)
2. The Mona Lisa IS SEEN by thousands of people every years.(see)
3. My hair IS CUT by a hair stylist. (cut)
4. The dog IS FED by me. (feed)
5. The news paper IS READ by my father. (read)
6. The book IS PUT away in the shelf. (put)
7. The racing cars ARE DRIVEN bydrivers.
Exercise # 3
The passive voice
Complete the sentences in the passive voice using the past tense.
1. My brother WAS HIT in the eye by a tennis ball. (hit)
2. The window WAS BROKEN by the boy. (break)
3. The photographs WERE TAKEN by my mother. (take)
4. The chairs WERE MADE by my uncle. (make)
5. The present WAS BOUGHT by Tom. (buy)
6. The race WAS WON by Jack. (win)
7. Thehouse WAS BUILT a long time ago. (build)
8. Romeo and Juliet WERE WRITTEN by Shakespeare. (write)
9. The planes WERE FLOWN by the pilots. (fly)
10. This CD WAS GIVEN to me by my friend. (give)
Exercise # 4
PRESENT PAST P. PARTICIPLE SPANISH
1. Be Was, were Been Ser o estar
2. Become Became Become Llegar a ser
3. Begin Began Begun Empezar
4. Break Broke Broken Romper
5.Buy Bought Bought Comprar
6. Fall Fell Fallen Caer
7. Feel Feld Feld Sentir
8. Find Found Found Encontrar
9. Fly Flew Flown Volar
10. Forget Forgot Forgotten Olvidar
11. Freeze Froze Frozen Congelar
12. Grow Grew Grown Crecer
13. Hear Heard Heard Oir
14. Hold Held Held Sostener
15. Keep Kept Kept Conservar
16. Know Knew Known Conocer, saber
17. Leave Left Left Dejar
18. Lend LentLent Presenter
19. Lose Lost Lost Perder
20. Make Made Made Hacer
21. Pay Paid Paid Pagar
22. Saw Said Said Decir
23. Speak Spoke Spoken Hablar
24. Steal Stole Stolen Robar
25. Swim Swam Swum Nadir
26. Take Toke Taken Tomar
27. Tell Told Told Decir
28. Wear Wore Worn Vestir
29. Win Won won Ganar
30. Write Wrote Written Escribir
Exercise # 6
I. Write theconditions with the results write the letter in the space
( F ) [you] skip breakfast (A) Have to repeat the course
( D ) [you] use a calculator (B) Buy groceries
( E ) [he] take an aspirin (C) Leave the movie theater
( B ) [ I ] stop at the supermarket (D) Getanswers more quickly
( A ) [they] fail the exam (E) Feel better
( C ) [we] not like the movie (F) Not lose weight
II. Write the complete sentences.
1. IF YOU SKIP YOUR BREAKFAST, YOU DON´T LOST WEIGHT.
2. IF YOU USE YOUR CALCULATOR, YOU GET ANSWERS MORE QUICKLY.
3. IF HE TAKE AN ASPIRIN, HE FEELS BETTER.
4. IF ISTOP AT THE SUPERMARKET, I BUY GROCERIES.
5. IF THEY FAIL THE EXAM, THEY HAVE TO REPEAT THE COURSE.
6. IF WE DON’T LIKE THE MOVIE, WE LEAVE THE MOVIE THEATER.
Exercise # 7
Choose and write the correct verb to complete the sentences. Identify the function expressed in each.
1. If you BUY two cans of our great soup we GIVE you a third can free. (buy-give). OFFER
2. You FEEL sleepy if you TAKEthose pills so careful. (take-feel). WARNING
3. If we GO now we GET to the airport before five o´clock. (go-get). PREDICTIONS
4. I DO my homework every day if you BUY me that bicycle. (do-buy). PROMISE
5. If you BOIL the milk for fifteen seconds, the bactery DIE. (die-boil). INSTRUTION
In Ciudad Juarez there isn´t shortage of water throughout the year, but in the summer...