1) Actions happening at the moment of speaking
Peter isreading a book now.
2) Fixed plan in the near future
She isgoing to school on Saturday.
His father isworking in Rome this month.
4) Actions happening around the moment of speaking (longer actions)
My friend ispreparing for his exams.
More and more people areusingtheir computers to listen to music.
FORM: TO BE(AM, ARE, IS) + INFINITIVE + -ING
I amplaying football.
I'mplaying football. | You areplaying football.
You'replaying football. |
I am not playing football.
I'mnotplayingfootball. | You are not playing football.
You're not playing football.
You aren't playing football. |
Questions:Am I playingfootball? | Areyouplayingfootball? |
Ellos estan trabajando.They are working.
Élestajugando con el carro. He is playing with the car.
Los niños estan huyendo del perro.The children are running away from the dog.
Nosotros estamos yendo a la escuela.We are going to school.
Élniñoestadurmiendo.The child is sleeping.
Túestasdiciendoquemañana hay clases.You are sayingthat tomorrow there are classes.
ESCRIBE LOS SIGUIENTES ENUNCIADOS EN TU CUADERNO Y TRADUCELOS
1. What are you doing? Answer: I am studying English with my virtual teacher.
2. Where is Pedrogoing? Answer: He is going to the shopping.
3. I am trying to break your heart."
4. I am searching for an error in the document.
5. We are having lunch.
6. We are not having lunchright now.
7. Are you having lunch right now?
8. When are you having lunch?
9. The kids are sleeping.
10. Why are the kids sleeping?
11. Bella is playing the guitar and Andrew islistening to her.
12. What are Bella and Andrew doing?
13. Bella and Andrew are not playing golf.
14. She is having a lot of trouble with her divorce.
15. He is studying to become a...