QUIZ UNITS 11 & 12
I.Replace the underlined words with compound adjectives from the box.
a. Many compassionate volunteers made the charity posible. ___________________
b. A tolerant andflexible person can work with all kinds of people. _________________
c. Many of our heroes are famous all over the world. ______________________
d. Our charity has a broad impact around the world.___________________
e. The candidate´s inspiring speech touched me. ______________________
f. Her work with the homeless was appreciated by everyone. _____________________
II. Complete eachsentence with the superlative form of the compound adjectives in parentheses.
a. Titanic is one of ______________________ movies of all time. (widely seen)
b. My sisters are all stubborn, butI am ______________________ of us all. (strong-minded)
c. Nail is _____________________ volunteer in our group. (hard-working)
d. Mr. Shiragami was _____________________ leader of ourorganization. (long-lasting)
e. My neighbor is _____________________ woma I´ve ever met. (narrow-minded)
III. Circle the expression that best completes each sentence.
1. When I need help,I look to / face up to my friends for support.
2. I look after / take after my mother in that I am terrible at drawing.
3. I feel like I´ll never live up to / side with the accomplishments mysiblings have made.
4. When I look to / go through hard times, I tend to keep to myself.
5. After my father died, I helped my mother look after / take after my younger siblings.
6. When myfriends argue, I try not to check on / side with an of them.
7. When I forgot my son´s birthday, I had to look to / face up to the consequences.
8. I usually call my grandmother three times aweek to check on / take after her.
IV. Rewrite the sentences to make them more formal. Use inversion.
a. If I had not met Dr. Fun, I would never have had the idea for my company....
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.