01:940:215 Introduction to Hispanic Literature Course Synopsis
Pre-requisite: 01:940:202 or 204.
Course Learning goals:
• To become familiar with thedevelopment of Spanish and Spanish American prose, poetry, and theater;
• to learn critical concepts relevant to literary and cultural analysis;
• to develop criticalthinking skills;
• to develop analytical reading and writing skills;
• to improve oral and written Spanish proficiency.
940:215 meets two goals in the SAS CoreCurriculum:
II. Areas of Inquiry, Arts and Humanities
P. Analyze arts and/or literatures in themselves and in relation to specific histories, values, languages,cultures, and technologies.
Q. Understand the nature of human languages and their speakers.
Assigned readings, class lectures and discussions, and a number of homeworkwriting assignments preceding the paper, presentation, and exam/quiz dates are designed to help students to meet these goals.
• Aproximaciones alestudio de la literatura hispánica. Edward Friedman, L. Teresa Valdivieso y Carmelo Virgilio. New York, McGraw Hill. 6th Edition. ISBN-13: 978-0-07-3513157-7.
• Abilingual dictionary with at least 100,000 entries.
20% Class participation
(attendance, class participation, and homework assignments)
30% Two Exams(in-class exams consisting of multiple choice, short answer and essay questions)
30% Two Papers
(short textual analysis essays)
10% One Presentation
10% One Quiz92-100 A, 87-91 B+, 81-86 B, 77-80 C+, 70-76 C, 60-69 D, 0-59 F
*Evaluation may vary slightly from semester to semester; all sections will use the same grade breakdown.
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.