* 1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
* 1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
* 1/2 cup water
* 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
* 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
* 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
* 1 (1.5 ounce) bar chocolate candy
1. Preparebrownie mix according to package directions and cool completely. Cut into 1 inch squares.
2. In a large bowl, combine pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk. Mix until smooth, then fold in 8 ounces whipped topping until no streaks remain.
3. In a trifle bowl or glass serving dish, place half of the brownies, half of the pudding mixture and half of the 12 ounce container of whippedtopping. Repeat layers. Shave chocolate onto top layer for garnish. Refrigerate 8 hours before serving.
Batter: Tempura Batter | |
| Ingredients: | |
| 3/4 cup Clam Broth
1 1/4 cup Sake
1/2 tsp Sugar
2 1/2 cups sifted Flour
2 cups cold Water
1 /4 cup Soy Sauce
1 quart Vegetable Oil |
| Directions: | |
| Mixthe batter with the exception of the oil. Dip seafood such as shrimp, halibut, scallops in batter and deep fry in hot oil. Fry until lightly browned. |
Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe:
1 cup (2 sticks) (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
3/4 cup (160 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanillaextract
2 1/4 cups (295 grams) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups (270 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup (100 grams) walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped (optional)
Chocolate Chip Cookies: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) with rack in center of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
In the bowl of your electric mixer(or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until smooth and creamy. Add the white and brown sugars and beat until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition. Add the vanilla and beat until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the eggmixture and beat until incorporated, adding the chocolate chips and nuts (if using) about half way through mixing. If you find the dough very soft, cover and refrigerate until firm (about 30 minutes).
For large cookies, use about a 2 tablespoon ice cream scoop or with two spoons, drop about 2 tablespoons of dough (35 grams) onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake about 12 - 14 minutes, or until goldenbrown around the edges. Cool completely on wire rack.
Makes about 4 dozen - 3 inch round cookies.
Note: You can freeze this dough. Form the dough into balls and place on a parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze and then place the balls of dough in a plastic bag, seal, and freeze. When baking, simply place the frozen balls of dough on a baking sheet and bake as directed - may have to increasebaking time a few minutes.
Foolproof Rib Roast
* 1 (5 pound) standing beef rib roast
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Allow roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Combine the salt, pepper and garlic powder in a small cup.Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan so that the fatty side is up and the rib side is on the bottom. Rub the seasoning onto the roast.
3. Roast for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Turn the oven off and leave the roast inside. Do not open the door. Leave it in there for 3 hours. 30 to 40 minutes before serving, turn the oven back on at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) to reheat the roast....