* The Beginning of the World
* World history is a story: it had a beginning, and it will have an end.
*Genesis, the first book of the Bible, is the most reliable source for what we need to know about the beginning of world history.
* The word Genesismeans “beginning” or “origin.” The book of Genesis tell us that “in the beginning God created the heaven and the earth,” including the universe and man.* The Beginning of Man
* Adam, whose name means “man,” and Eve, whose name means “mother of all,” were the last creations of God.
* Manis special to God because he alone was created in the image of God. Man possesses some characteristics similar to God’s that permit fellowship withGod.
1) Language and thought
2) Awareness of the difference between right and wrong
3) Freedom to make choices
* We can have akind of relationship with one another that no other creatures can share. Most important, we can relate to God in a way that no other part of creationcan.
* The first human beings were highly intelligent. Adam, for example, classified all the varieties of animals, giving each kind a name.
*He knew language well; it was he who named his wife so appropriately as the mother of all. Of course, the pair could have learned much more. Because oftheir direct and frequent fellowship with God, what God might have chosen to reveal to them about the workings of the universe can only be imagined.
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.