1. It started in 1939 and ended in 1945
2. Germany was resented because it lost World War I and had to pay a high price for it
3. The War consistedof two groups: The Axis Powers (Germany Italy and Japan) and the Allies (France, UK, Russia, US)
4. Germany created the National Socialist German Workers Party
5. Hitler wanted toexterminate all the undesirables: jews, gypsies, black people, homosexuals
6. The Nazis killed 2/3 of all the Jew population living in Germany
7. Hitler started using concentration camps,extermination camps, transfer camps, etc
8. British troops saved many jews in Germany
9. German scientists used prisoners to make experiments with and to them (Menecle)
10.Undesirables were fooled, and sent to "work" which was really any of the camps Hitler created to kill them
11. For every five German soldiers who died in WWII, four of them died on the EasternFront.
12. The Nazis murdered approximately 12 million people, nearly 6 million of those being Jews killed in the Holocaust
13. 1.1 million children were killed
14. The vast majorityof German war criminals passed themselves off as refugees at displaced persons camps when the war ended, thereby gaining freedom.
15. Scientists used human parts to create hygienicproducts
16. German soldiers raped undesirable woman with dogs
17. In the 1928 elections, less than 3% of Germans voted for the Nazi party. In 1938, Hitler was Time magazine’s man of theyear
18. The most important medical advance that saved soldiers’ lives during WWII was the blood transfusion.
19. Rudolf Hess, Adolf Hitler’s deputy in the Nazi party, was the last personto have been incarcerated in the Tower of London
20. Just when they were losing the war, Germans had invented jet fighters to gain advantage on the war, but it was too late already