What is an adverb?
An adverb is a part of speech. A Word that modifies a verb , adjective or another adverb.
How many different kinds of adverbs do wehave?????
Adverbs of manner, of place, of frequency, of time, and of purpose.
What is a Intensifier? Is a linguistic term for a modifier that makes nocontribution to the propositional meaning of a clause but serves to enhance and give additional emotional context to the word it modifies.
What is a quantifier?Is a type of determiner, such as all or many, that indicates quantity.
How to change Adjective to Adverbs?
Change Y to I and add –LY, and if it doesn’tend with “Y” just add -LY
When to use adjectives and adverbs?
Adverbs use them when you are giving information about a verb, to give details of howsomething happens or how something is done. And Adjectives use them when you are giving information about nouns, to tell about people and things.
Excersise .1. Tom is (slow) . He works .
2. Sue is a (careful) girl. She climbed up the ladder .
3. The dog is (angry) . It barks .
4. He acted(excellent) . He's an actor.
5. They learn English (easy) . They think English is an language.
6. Max is a (good) singer. He sings .
7. It's (awful)cold today. The cold wind is .
8. Dogs rely on their noses as they can smell (extreme / good) . If that is true, why does dog food smell so (terrible)?
9. The little boy looked (sad) . I went over to comfort him and he looked at me .
10. I tasted the soup (careful) but it tasted (wonderful) .
Leer documento completo
Regístrate para leer el documento completo.