Example: Prince recorded the song “Purple Rain.
” The song “Purple Rain” was recorded by Prince.
1. George Lucas directed the Star Wars movies._______________
2. Tim Berners-Lee developed the World Wide Web. _____________
3. Ian Fleming wrote the James Bond novels.
4. Gustave Eiffel designed the Eiffel Tower in Paris.
Complete thesentences. Use the passive form of the verbs.
1. English (speak) in Australia and New Zealand.
2. Spanish and Portuguese (teach) at this school.
3. Rice (grow) in many Asian countries.Circle the correct word.
1. One of the crops grown in Guatemala is (cattle / coffee / shrimp).
2. (Chickens / Microchips / Oysters) are manufactured in California.
3. I planned to graduate thissemester, but, (luckily / suddenly / unfortunately),
I failed some of my exams.
4. I was looking for a job when. (Miraculously / sadly / strangely), I won the lottery and went on vacation instead.Complete the sentences. Use the simple past or past continuous of the verbs.
1. I (meet) my best friend while I (take) a business course.
2. We (sleep), but the storm (wake) us up.
3.Ted (talk) when his cell phone suddenly (go) dead.
Complete the conversation. Use the present perfect continuous of the verbs.
A: Hi, Elena! I haven’t seen you since New Year’s Eve. you(work) long hours?
B: Not exactly. I (go) to my job ah dav.
A: And at night?
B: Oh, our new baby keep us awake ah night!
Read the article. Then check () the correct answers.
Ieoh MingPei was born in Guangdong, China, in 1917. I.M. Pei, as he is usually known, was a child prodigy. When he was only 17, he went to the United States to study architecture. He graduated from both MIT andHarvard Graduate School of Design. He also taught architecture at Harvard. In 1951, he was awarded a special prize called a Traveling Fellowship. He used it to visit Britain, France, Italy, and...